Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Finding Kate

From: jeff@sqa.dsg.ti.com (jeff abbott (TB02))
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 91 16:53:38 CST
Subject: Finding Kate
Cc: %tb02@hub.dsg.ti.com

Hi, I just recently discovered this newsgroup! A great place
to discuss Kate!

My question: how did people first hear of/learn about Kate Bush? It's
not like she gets lots of air play in the U. S. radio market. I
discussed this with Kate-friends and they all got into Kate while
visiting Europe.

I found Kate in a roundabout way. While shopping in a rather funky
little record store in Houston's West Alabama area, I spotted _The
Dreaming_ album. I remember being impressed that this woman had a key
on her tongue. The cover was so creative, I HAD to have the album,
even though I had no clue as to what Kate Bush's music was like. . .
needless to say, after about five increasingly intense listenings
to _The Dreaming_ (especially the title track and "Night of the
Swallow") I was back at that record store, hungry for more. . .!

Any other stories on how Love-Hounds discovered Kate?

Later,
Jeff
--
Jeff Abbott	Texas Instruments, Inc. 512-250-4323
		Internet		Jeff.Abbott@hub.dsg.ti.com