Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HoL vs. The Dreaming

From: Elizabeth=Bonesteel%Eng%Banyan@Thing.banyan.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 91 13:51:57 EST
Subject: HoL vs. The Dreaming

Well, hey.  Truth be told, if I could take only one KaTe album with me when I
died, it'd be Hounds of Love.  The Dreaming, however, has an alien mood and
power missing from her other albums.  I like to listen to it on Sundays, when
it is raining.  I do not like to listen to it when I am hungover, or at other
times when my brain is at half-mast.  I suppose, like another poster
suggested, I find HoL a brilliant whole, while TD is brilliant bits.  I need
to be able to think while listening to TD, or I'll find myself staring into
space wondering what the hell just happened to me.

TD is also very, very good at frightening the neighbors, which has become my
favorite passtime.  TD alternated with Bauhaus' "The Sky's Gone Out" can get
you some funny looks in the hallway indeed.