Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: best album...

From: graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1991 00:30:06 -0400
Subject: Re: best album...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

In article <1991Mar17.104645.27661@cbnewsk.att.com> tr@cbnea.att.COM (Aaron L Hoffmeyer) writes:

>I'm new to this group and I'm a new customer of Kate's music.  I just
>bought my first cassette - and it happens to be _Hounds_of_Love_.
>Anyway, I consider _Hounds_ to be one of the finest albums I've ever
>heard.  Funny thing, though.  To me, the worst song on the album, and
>the only one I would have excluded is "Hounds of Love".  Is there some
>reason or story behind the apparent value Kate places on this song?
>
>The inside of the cassette gives no information, nor clues - it is just
>standard Capital garbage about how the crappy tape that they use and the
>crappy mastering process is sooooo gooood.  Does the album/CD have more
>info included?  Am I ever going to buy into CD? - nah.  DAT is what I am
>waiting on.  OK, so I might have to buy CD to make copies from if the
>industry never sells music on DAT.....  Oh, I haven't bought a DAT
>machine yet either - waiting for the prices to come down.

ALthough I love all of Kate's albums, if forced to rank them _The Dreaming_
would be number one and HoL would be 3 or 4. Go out and buy _The Dreaming_
now  :)

don't wait for DAT - get cds - anything other than tapes - yuk. I've got HoL
on vinyl and it includes the lyrics - very important, and 2 pictures -
similar to the ones on the front and back of the cover.

My favorite song on the album IS Hounds of Love. I can't put my finger on it,
but I just love that song. It has a certain urgency to it. Maybe I feel that
way from watching the video. I don't know.

Anyway, keep listening, buy The Dreaming and all her other stuff - you won't
be disappointed. (stay away from tape though :)

mike
--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of