Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 91 16:33:12 EST
Subject: Re: Happy
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

mjm writes:

>It is $1.50 for the whole thing, though I was informed that it is now $2.00
>(inflation, recession, etc.).

I, too, sent $1.50 for postage, but the total postage on my 4-tape package
was (I believe) $2.40.  If I have to order _Warpaint_ (instead of popping
into my local indie-carrying CD shop (please, please please let Happy
get into *stores*!)), I'll probably include an extra buck...

>I have no idea how Warpaint will be distributed until she gets a major
>label... Vickie wasn't too sure either.  But I'm sure we'll find out
>soon enough.

I'm clueless on this too (but hoping).

On a related topic (namely the idea of Happy being picked up by a major
label and her early stuff being re-released).  It was said that Happy
won't re-record her early stuff (no big deal) but that the first four albums
would never be released on CD because of the relatively abysmal quality.

Haven't I heard from a billion or so sources that the second Michelle Shocked
album (_Texas Campfire Tapes_ or something like that) was actually a bunch
of early material recorded on a *walkman*?  What's the quality like on
that?  I can't imagine stuff recorded on a walkman being better than Happy's
original stuff!

Still hoping,

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |