Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Distortion on Lionheart CD

From: gt4586c@prism.gatech.edu (WILLETT,THOMAS CARTER)
Date: 3 Feb 91 21:27:53 GMT
Subject: Distortion on Lionheart CD
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

OK, this is the third attempt to post this message - i hope that now that
the transition is complete this one will get through.

I have noticed on my copy of the Lionheart compact disk that there are
several places in which there is fairly severe distortion of the music.
The crescendo at about 1:30 into Peter Pan is a particulary good example.
I bought a new copy of the CD and it was bad as well, as was another one
the folks at the record store replaced it with.  A friend of mine has a copy
which is perfectly clean and plays clean on my system, which is the system
I noticed the garbage on my copy.  Has anybody else noticed the distortion
on the Lionheart CD and does anybody know why there appear to be some goo
pressings and some bad ones.  It sounds like some recording engineer let a
channel overload during mixdown.

- tom willett
  gt4586c@prism.gatech.edu

--
thomas willett
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta