Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe is banned.

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 2 Feb 91 14:50:23 GMT
Subject: KaTe is banned.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

I kid you not. KaTe has been banned here in the UK. Or to be more
specific Army Dreamers has been placed on the official list of
songs/films which are considered inappropriate for public broadcasting.
Breathing isn't on the list but how's this for silliness? They've
included Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight". Well I don't know about you
but whenever I listen to that song I'm always terrified I'm going to get
hit by an Al-Hussein ;-)

Hmmm.... I think I may have the dubious distinction of being the first
person to make a reference to the gulf war on gaffa. Sorry.

"Like a chicken with a fox..."

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ I went...             \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ I saw...              /