Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Please no GIF's!

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 91 18:20:46 EST
Subject: Please no GIF's!
Sender: nessus@media-lab.media.mit.edu

Please don't post GIF's to the newsgroup or mailing list.  The mailing
list cannot handle the bandwidth.  These should go into the archives
and be made available via FTP.  But the archives will be moving to
Alaska, so at the moment, you should hold onto them.

Some people have asked how come there are no archives on
EDDIE.MIT.EDU, when I said only a few days ago that that's where they
have always been.  I did NOT say this, however.  I said that the
official mailing address for the Love-Hounds mailing list has always
been "love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu".  The archives have not always been
on Eddie.  At the moment, they are on GAFFA.MIT.EDU, but GAFFA will be
going away, and the archives will be moving to Alaska.  The official
mailing address of Love-Hounds, will remain
"love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu", unless Bill Wisner wants to go to the
trouble of trying to updating the entire world about this.