Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Other Groups

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 1991 07:38:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Other Groups
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9101312240.AA09849@clutx.clarkson.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: "Fanged Dr. Julia" <hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu>
>
>Has anyone heard anything about any new releases that might be coming
>out from Innocence Mission or Voice of The Beehive.  Also any reviews
>about the new Exene Cervenka or any previous albums from this group??

I don't know anything about the new IM or VotB (though I finally found
Let it Bee on CD...I'd had the album since it was released) but IM are
supposed to be working on the new one. When I interviewed Karen last
summer she said that they were writing songs and hoped to start work as
soon as the "opening" tour was over. At that time they were opening for
Don Henley on his tour. Like you, I'm waiting impatiently. I hope it's
a double album! :-)
The new Exene is very, very good, but I still like "Old Wives Tales"
better.

>Im also curious - has anyone tried to order the rerelease of Live At
>Hammersmith yet??  I haven't had the time to run down to the video
>store, and am curious if it has come out....

I haven't seen it yet but it should come in any day now.

Personal to Kristen...

I dedicated two shows in a row to you and pleaded for you to call me
during both shows that aired when you were in Chicago for the holidays.
Since I missed the chance to get your phone number before you came, I
was really bummed out...knowing that you were in Chicago and not being
able to contact you. Several people said I sounded very forlorn on the
air begging "please Kristen, if you're out there, pleaaaaaaase call me"
I'm assuming that you were in an area that couldn't receive WZRD, since
100 watts is pretty weak. Will you come back for Spring Break? During the
summer? Please e-mail me with your phone number so this doesn't happen
again. I wanted you to come over so badly.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com