Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Music, of course!

From: yol@darkside.com (Create your friends)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 91 21:54:51 PST
Subject: Music, of course!
Comments: hey! go eat a MACAR00N!

> Really-From: brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
>
>      Anyway, on to the point.  This same place had _a chaos of desire_ by
> Black Tape for a Blue Girl.  I'm listening to it now, in fact.  I have to giv
> an A+ to whoever has been recommending them.  I'm going to have to unsunscrib
> to gaffa to save my checkbook!  :-)  Never.
>      I also had my foot in my ear when their releases were discussed.  Anyone
> have a quick list of Black Tape albums that I should order/keep an eye out
> for?  Thanks muchly.

that was me. i'm glad you liked the Black Tape stuff... their first
album is less connected (in my mind) and the sounds are more scattered.
in that, i mean, that they jump from things like acoustic guitar songs
to new agey stuff... this new one is much more tight in that respect.
but i like both. in any case, the only two albums by Black Tape that
i'm aware of (perhaps Vicki can correct me if i'm wrong) are:

ASHES IN THE BRITTLE AIR
A CHAOS OF DESIRE

they also have a track on a sampler called um, FROM ACROSS THIS GRAY
LAND NO.2. what i'm most impressed with in Projekt Records is that the
quality of the packaging (art and the booklets, etc.) is really well
put together as is the music. it makes it a worthwhile purchase. in
any case i realise this isn't nm-list but i have to plug a new Z'ev
CD i recently purchased from a live concert last year. it's called
OPUS 3 and it's just increadible. if you like percussive music or
even say, taiko or kodo drumming you will probably like this. Z'ev
is more experimental, but to me there are shades of kodo in it. this
album is a bit different from his usual fare, but it's an increadible
72 minutes of him pounding away on all kinds of instruments or made
/found objects. i believe it's on Staaltape.

sorry bout the bad wrapping with the editor, i'm not in my usual account
and this thing isn't equipped with a real editor yet.

hasta. --d