Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Warning -- outrageous, possibly offensive song title!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 91 18:59:02 PST
Subject: Warning -- outrageous, possibly offensive song title!

The cover story of the Feb. issue of _CD Review_ is "The Joy
of Sex in Music."

One paragraph mentions -- ready, world? --

"Kate's Bush", by Marc Anthony Thompson.

Just for the record, I had to find out what this is about.  It's
from an album called _Watts and Paris_, which came out in 1989.
I expected this to be a hardcore punk song, but it's not like
that at all!  The melody is that of an ordinary light rock song,
with some jazz touches.  Not a great song by any means but not
the horrible thing I was expecting.

Oddly, the lyrics don't mention Kate at all.  In fact, the lyrics are
kind of strange.  They're only somewhat sexually explicit (i.e. no
mentions of specific body parts, just vague references to acts).
Here they are.  You have been warned.

I once knew a virgin that I met in an airport
She was dirty, I was seventeen
Her feet were bare, her lips were chapped
I don't remember why
She had the biggest dad I'd ever seen
Beyond the dreams of avarice
The body finds a home
I kiss her and I lick her
And I put it in the wrong hole
A million apparitions shake a finger in the breeze
The house is made of money
I once knew a junkie who would drop for a dollar
She had the sweetest ass I've ever seen
If you've got a nickel I've got one
And we can call her
You can wake her up, she never dreams
Beyond the dreams of avarice
The body finds a home
I kick it and I lick it
And I put it in the wrong hole
Beyond the dreams of avarice
I whisper it alone
I kiss her and I lick her
And I put it in the wrong hole
The house is made of money

Sorry about that!

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor