Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Owner of Many System Processes <daemon@watdragon.waterloo.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 23:23:54 EST

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: crafton@psych.toronto.edu
Subject: Pogues (was: Crash Vegas)
Sender: daemon@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Owner of Many System Processes)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 23:23:23 EST

Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:

>Ed writes...
>
>>> Amy asks for recommendations of albums by:
>
>>>   Pogues
>>
>"Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash" which is fantastic and features...
>   oh, piffle, can't remember her name, a woman on bass and occasional
>   vocals (she sings lead on the song "I'm a Man You Don't Meet Everyday"
>   which is particularly ironic)

I think you're speaking of Cait O'Riordan.  She left the Pogues after
"Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash" (to marry Elvis Costello, who also produced
RSL and Poguetry in Motion)

>I know there are some earlier albums; I've seen two ("The Pogues" and
>"Poguetry in Motion"), but stupid me, I didn't buy the CD's when I had
>the chance.  I haven't heard anything other than what's listed above
>(and the song that the Pogues did with Kristy McColl on the Red Hot + Blue
>album).

While I haven't seen a self-titled C.D., I do own "Red Roses For Me"
from 1984.  (On Enigma Records CDE-73225).  If you liked "Rum, Sodomy
and the Lash", you should like this one.

>Does anybody know why The Pogues are apparently just calling themselves
>"Pogues" now?

Good question.  Anyone?

>Jeff
>
>--
>|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
>|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
>|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |

Brad
crafton@psych.toronto.edu