Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com (Bill Blue)
Date: Sun Jan 13 19:58:25 1991

To: nosc!ucsd!rec-music-gaffa
From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hil}Il)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: WHAT A DRAG!!!!
Date: 14 Jan 91 03:58:24 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

Well, I got good news and I got bad news.  The good news is that I got my
photos back several days elier than expected and they cost slightly less than
my highest estimate, also a couple of the (non-Kate) photos came out better
than expected, including the one with all the Love-Hounds stuffed in the car.
I guess you can figure out the bad news, most of the photos, including all of
Kate, came out not-so good. This is really weird as the last time I had them
done they came out pretty good (or really good depending on my mood).  Its
also weird as I included two of those photos as samples and said "print them
like this". Needless to say I am going to send the ones that didn't come out
through again, but unfortunately that is going to mean more delay.  I was
hoping that they would come in 01/16  nd they came in sooner than that so with
any luck they should come back by this Friday 01/16 or by Monday 01/19.  After
I put the photos back through tommorrow morning I am going to buy 19 mailing
envelopes and address them so hopefully I will be able to mark them up and if
the photos come in on a day the Post Office is open send them off on the same
day.  It might be tight as I get off at the same time the post office closes!
        Speaking of tight, I was again surpised today by how early they came
back.  I didn't find out till I was leaving which is right  the store was
closing, (I work at the Price Club which is the same place where I had the
film devoped).  Unfortunately since they came in so early  I didn't have my
checkbook with me!  I live about a ten minute walk from where I work so I ran
home in about 5 minutes and then drove my muffler-busted car (its getting
fixed tommorrow) back in about 2 minutes and made it just as the last register
was closing down!  Also somewhat amusing is the size of the box the photos
came in, the thing was as long as my arm!  It really freaked people at work
out cause despite the fact that we sell photos by the tons this was much
bigger than we had ever seen.  Anyways the cost was 243.75 with 1700 photos.
        Following is my current list.  Note that I going to send the photos
on a first come (money) first serve basis and that I have at least one more
request for photos that I actually have had made, but am still several people
behind in actual money sent.  This is really a problem from my perspective as
I still seem to get more and more requests for photos but I don't want anyone
to miss out and I am unsure whether or not I am going to make any more copies
(after today! :-) ) so if you want em send the money now!  If I or the post
office has made a mistake anyou have sent the money please let me know so you
 don't get left out.
Jorn Barger (PAID, thanks)
Michael Peskura (PAID,thanks)
Peter + Krystyna (Homeground)
Vickie N Chris (PAID)
Ray Russel (non-love hound)
Perttu Yli-Krekola (PAID)
Steve Carter (PAID)
Paul Lu  (PAID)
Kimon Berlin (PAID BIG)
Vishal Markandey (TRADE PAID)
Ray Saddler II
Ed Suranyi (PAID)
Steve Fagg
Micheal Kaufman
Geogory Bossert
Larry Hernandez (TRADE,its comming)
Mark Semich (PAID)
Amy Edelman (BEST OF, PAID)
Ryan McGuire (BEST OF)

Again Sorry for the delay(s) but for the most part they really haven't been my
fault!

Ron "Sorting through the mess of photos that did/didn't come out" Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com