Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Crash Vegas

From: abvax!iccgcc.DNET!lieser@uunet.UU.NET
Date: 10 Jan 91 17:16:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Crash Vegas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Jan9.140311.26988@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov>, Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: edelman@earth.lerc.nasa.gov (Amy L. Edelman)
>
> Also can anyone recommend an album for:

>   Dead Can Dance

"Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" is my favorite, but it's probably their
gloomiest album.  "Serpent's Egg" is not as gloomy and has some great
percussion on it.  I would recommend these two most highly.

>   Pogues

"If I Should Fall From Grace With God" is a good album, and I've seen a
review or two that rated it as their best.  Haven't heard "Hell's Ditch"
yet, though.  Some of their earlier stuff is available only as imports
anyway, so you'd be saving some money to start with one of these...

Ed