Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Crash Vegas

From: edelman@earth.lerc.nasa.gov (Amy L. Edelman)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 91 14:03:11 GMT
Subject: Re: Crash Vegas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>> but the music is more like melodic Cure.

woj says:
>i must disagree here. almost vehemently. :) they are essentially rock, with
>a nice twang to them. nothing like the acid-induced pop of the cure. sorry.

I'd like to redeem myself here.  On the first listening I felt that they had
a bit of that depressing Cure sound but after listening a few more times I
cringe at that comparison.  I first heard them on NPR's "Mountain Stage" if
that tells you anything.

>> I recommend the CD though I
>> must admit the music is a bit frustrating:  A bit too calm to jump around
>> and dance to, A bit too rowdy to just sit and listen to.

Another redemption. This is better stated as I want to dance and sit and listen
to them at the same time.  See? Catch-22.  Anyway I agree the lyrics are great.

Also can anyone recommend an album for:
  Annaboulaboula
  Dead Can Dance
  Pogues