Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The CD box price survey

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 12:55:45 PST
Subject: The CD box price survey

So far I have had replies from the East coast of the US, UK, Finland, France,
Canada and New Zealand.  Thank you all.

  I would like a few more data points as I know we have readers in many other
places - the midwest and west coast of the US, Sweden, Australia etc.  Any
Japanese readers to tell us about the set in Japan?  Has it been released? Is
it the same as the UK release?

  So far the range had been from $US 75 to $US 250 in Canada and Finland
respectively.  I get the impression that the prices are either high or low
with few between.  With Canada, New Zealand and France on the low end and the
US, UK and Finland (of course) on the high end.  I have not figured out why.

I will sumarize in the end.  Remember to give me the info in the following
form :
price in your currency, sales tax rate if not included in price, store at
which seen, city, country.

e.g. $US 199.99, 7.25%, Off the Record, San Diego CA, USA

Thank you for your input.

BTW what is the sales tax rate in NY, NJ, WA?

No one has mentioned any sound quality comparisons yet.

Thanks in advance,

Derek
derek@sunstroke.sdsu.edu