Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

French TiTleS

From: Kimon Berlin <BERLIN%FRECP12.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 22:00:53 EDT
Subject: French TiTleS

The French capitalize the 1st word, and all proper nouns (people,
places, ...). So it's "Un baiser d'enfant" and "Ne t'enfuis pas". The
interpretation about dropping "the" is valid, although "fooling" would
be "la baise" in French. < "ool" is to be replaced with different letters >

Anyway, if Kate ever wants to spell it "Neu Tan Fwee Pa", then that's the
way it's spelled, whatever I say. I mean, *I*'m no God.

On a totally different subject, does anyone have a good audio copy of
"You" ? The tape I have is an nth-generation bootleg recording, and the
quality is awful, but it's still heartbreakingly beautiful. Hearing a
halfway-decent version at the Kon was *great*, so I'd kill for a good
copy (not Jon Drukman, though, I hear somebody's already after him ;-)

Oh, which one of you got my pen ? It's been used by several people to
write on the card that accompanied the flowers, so its market value among
Kate bootleggers must already be ludicrous.

Kimon Berlin - Ecole Centrale Paris - Home of Eiffel & ListServ
Berlinkfrecp12.bitnet