Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Boxbotching

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 15:53:59 -0500
Subject: Boxbotching

Mr. Drukman says:

>  Would someone with time and knowledge of postscript be willing to put
>  together similar booklets for TWW I and II?

where "similar booklets" means a nice PostScript lyrics booklet.  I know
something of PostScript etc., enough to put together a 300 page illustrated
manual, anyway, so a lyric booklet or two would be a relative breeze
(given that it would be full of Ms. Bush' words and pictures, more like a
raging gale of delight).  (Whoops, I think my poetic muse just burped...)
ANYWAY, I'm chronically busy, so I'll make this deal -- if someone can send
me the lyrics (for the B-sides, at least) and/or the best place from which
to FTP them, I'll will prepare nifty CD size booklets (cool fonts, scanned
pictures, and all) which I will make available for the cost of shipping,
plus I can stick the EPS and maybe Word 4.0 files onto gaffa.  Maybe I'll
even go and by the bloody boxes, just so I can make sure it all fits together.
(Speaking of which, given that AB Records or whatever in Vancouver is sold out,
what's the best deal mail-order-boxed-set-wise?  I'll be damned [probably] if
I pay the US$199.95 that Newbury Comics is asking...)

I think I can probably turn out the booklets for maybe a buck or two apiece,
and some of that cost may get absorbed by the unsuspecting owners of various
laserwriters with which I am aquainted, _but_ if the response is big I might
have to reproduce 'em somewhere else (no big deal;  my company just got new
stationary/business cards, so I've got a contact at a Mac/PostScript intensive
printing place...).  So if you're interested let me know *now* (a one-line
email message will suffice).

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- your plastic pal that's fun to be with