Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I Finally Got The Box Set!!!

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@hydra.unm.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 90 20:40:57 MST
Subject: Re: I Finally Got The Box Set!!!

Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU> writes:

> What would've been REALLY nice: total remixing using Q-Sound, with the
> B-sides from each album tacked onto the end.

If there's a human being alive on the planet who could survive a QSound'ed
remix of "Waking The Witch", I'll eat a bug.  Nice idea though, Jon . . .

>> in any case, i don't know how true this is, but the new ish of Tower's
>> PULSE! mag. claims that for those not needing the previously existing
>> albums in the boxed set, Columbia will most likely sell the two TWW
>> bsides discs separately "after the fanatic collector's rush for xmas."
>
> Anybody got Columbia's customer responses address handy?  I'd write
> them a letter saying that I wholeheartedly support this idea.

        Columbia Records
        666 Fifth Ave, P.O. Box 4455
        New York, NY  10101-4455

If it's for real, it's the best news I've heard all *month*.  It does
make sense though . . . the US market probably wouldn't have any idea
what to do with the Boxed Set as it was released in the UK, but a
two-disc collection of rarities would probably fly quite nicely.

Lazlo (lazlo@hydra.unm.edu)
In the coming age of automation, where people eventually might work
ten or twenty hours a week, man will be forced to confront himself
with the true spiritual problems of living!