Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Syd Straw and the Golden Palominos

From: valerie@hodge.MIT.EDU (Valerie Ohm)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 90 23:35:42 GMT
Subject: Syd Straw and the Golden Palominos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@athena.mit.edu (Mr Background)

>Really-From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)

>Does anyone here like Syd Straw?

>I don't have much by her (just the stuff she did with the Golden Palominos
>on "Visions of Excess" and her rendition of "Blue Shadows on the Trail" on
>"Stay Awake") but she does have a nice voice.

>Anyway, does anyone here like the Golden Palominos?

YES!

She also sang on another Golden Palomino's album by the name of
_Blast Of Silence_ and has her own solo album out called _Surprise_.  I
hear she also did a song for the film "Heathers", or so says woj...>

Mass. Inst. of Tech -------------------------- I know this because
MIT Project Athena ----------------------------- I see this again"
valerie@athena.mit.edu---------------------------------- Caterwaul