Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 90 00:47:12 EST
Comments: Validated

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

> Really-From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
>
> Hi,
>
> As I decided to buy "heaven or las vegas" after all the raves it got here, I
> have a question. Is it me or is the drum line in 'Pitch the baby' yet another
> occurence of the 'Funky drummer'?
>
> And what other Cocteau Twins albums are worth getting?
>
> Angelos
My personal favorites are "Treasure" and "Head Over Heels"...
If you get "Head over heels" on cassette (and maybe CD) then you also get
"Sunburst and Snowblind"...

If you liked those, then "Garlands" is pretty good...it has some punk
elements and is a big difference from their new stuff...again, if you get it
on cassette, you get "John Peel Session, Jan 1983" which has some good
songs.

"Blue Bell Knoll" has a sound similar to "Iceblink Luck" (the only one I've
heard from "Heaven..."), so you could try it.

Or, if you want a kind of "sampler" of their stuff, check out "The Pink
Opaque" which has stuff from different periods of the band's existence.

In my opinion, you can't miss if you buy ANY of their albums.