Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Box Set Found in Boston

From: Liz Bonesteel <eboneste@BBN.COM>
Date: 9 Nov 90 14:22:13 GMT
Subject: Box Set Found in Boston
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@BBN.COM

Since I'm the one who first asked this question, I thought I'd answer
it.

I stopped by Newbury Comics in Harvard Square last night and asked
them about it, figuring they might be able to tell me where I could
find it (I hadn't held out much hope, due to this parallel import
@#$%, that they themselves would be carrying it.) Much to my
astonishment and delight, the manager said they were ordering copies,
but only as many as they got requests for.  He said his distributor
had told him that it was a limited release, and as she wouldn't be
able to return the ones she couldn't move, she didn't want to order
any more than they actually had buyers for.

Resisting the urge to squeal, jump up and down, and otherwise revert
to childhood, I told him I very much wanted to place a request for
one.  He gave me a "don't-get-too-excited" look, and quoted me what he
obviously thought was an outrageous price: $130.

Oh, my.  I was expecting to have to cough up close to twice that.

I told him that the price was not obstructive, and left my name and
two phone numbers where he could reach me when the box came in (he
couldn't give me a time frame).  I saw him put the card in an envelope
marked "Kate Bush Boxed Set", but just in case I told him to PLEASE
NOT LOSE IT.

Yes, I *am* a fanatic.

I fully expect something to go wrong (this falls under the Too Good To
Be True category), but I thought I'd pass on this information to other
people who might find it useful.

Still feeling about 10 1/2,

Liz