Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: CSDMLESBIREL%VAX.LIVERPOOL-POLY.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 8 NOV 90 15:58:58 BST

Hello to all love-hounds as I'm travelling down to London for the Kon I thought
it was about time to introduce myself.
   I'll add my two-penny's worth to the Box Set debate as well.I'm disappointed
in it.I've only had the albums on vinly (except Whole Story and TSW) up to now
so it cushions paying out 98 pound for the set.But I'm still left with bad
taste in my mouth.Why when Kate went to so much trouble with The Whole Story to
ensure there was some thing new for fans and completists has she allowed such a
half-hearted(in my opinion) set to come out.Not even a complete set of
b-sides!The Box strikes me as coming out to get on the Box Set bandwagon it
could have been so much more.And as Peter Manchester pointed out:

>       The crassness of the current box release has been well brought
>out these past weeks.  Only fans are going to put out $150-200 for a
>kb collector's item--but we are the very ones who likely have the six
>albums already amd maybe, like me, all the relevant singles.

  If I get a chance in London I going to ask why I don't understand how such an
chance could be so utterly wasted.
  I also love Led Zep and got their Box Set which is a work of love from start
to finish.It's a perfect example of how to do a box set properly and show's
Kate's one up for a joke.One question on it though,Jimmy Page has stated that
he remastered these tracks because he was unhappy with the current state with
the back catalogue on CD why stop at only half the tracks ?

                                                   Martyn Lesbirel
                                                   Computing Officer
                                                   Liverpool Poly.,England
                                     CSDMLESBIREL@UK.AC.LIVERPOOL-POLY.VAX