Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@eng.umd.edu (The News System)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 11:41:36 -0500

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: hsu@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu)
Subject: Re: speaking of boxed sets..
Sender: news@eng.umd.edu (The News System)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 16:41:24 GMT

>Really-From: tlhouns@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
>Perhaps I'm the only KaTe lover out there who also likes Led Zeppelin
>music, but since no one else has talked about the new LZ boxed set, I
>thought I'd put in my two cents worth..  I just bought the set
>yesterday and think its great!!  Everything is on 4 CD's (each with
>50-60 minutes of music)

More like 73 minutes per; it's 4hrs 50min on 4 CDs.  Digitally remastered.

>The set goes for $64 here

$58 at Tower Records for the time being.

Also recently released is the MFSL version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall",
around $50.  Two Ultradiscs in lift-lock cases with a cardboard case
and fold-out lyric sheet.  The sound quality is outstanding, but it'll
take me a few days more to finish an A/B comparison with the Capitol
version.

Anybody have a review of the new CD of music from Warner Brothers cartoons
from 1936-1952?  How about the recent Edie Brickell & New Bohemians album?

-dave

--
Dave Hsu	 Systems Research Center, Building 115    (301) 405 6594
hsu@eng.umd.edu  The Maryversity of Uniland, College Park, MD 20742-3311