Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_SIG_ Tape Pass-Along Update #2 :-(

From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 90 12:58:15 PDT
Subject: _SIG_ Tape Pass-Along Update #2 :-(

To: Love-Hounds
Fr: Larry Hernandez (L-H@cup.portal.com)
Re: _SIG_ Tape Pass-Along Update #2 :-(
Dt: 23 September 1990

Hi Everyone,

Well, Vickie told me a long time ago that I should be understanding, nice,
and patient.. Notice I said she told me this A LONG TIME AGO.  I think she
said something like, "Now Larry, mostof these guys on the list are college
students.  You remember when you were in college how money was always so
short?  They may not have easy access to another VCR or cassette deck to
do their dubbing, if indeed they are fortunate enough to have a VCR to
begin with."  Well, I listened to her.  I was patient.  Not understanding.
And I am usually always nice by default.

Here I sit, listening to some _SIG_ tapes that Ed brought over last night
to take back to Vickie on Tuesday when I go visit for a week.   This one
happens to be _Suspended In Gaffa 27, New Releases_, originally broadcast
on 4 Sep 1988.  I just have begun Side 2, which begins with the
original "New Release from Hell" segment, this week starring Kylie (sorry
B.D., I had nothing to do with it; this was way back in '88).  Now I'm
listening to Patty Austin.  Just great.  So was Jenetta Steele, Anna
Domino, Michelle Shocked, and In Tua Nua, to name a few.  And I'm getting
MORE PISSED OFF BY THE MINUTE!  Vickie, I have just lost my patience. Again.

HEY DAMNIT, WHAT THE HELL IS THE HOLDUP??  These things were sent out I
don't remember HOW long ago.  I've sent out one "nice" message a while
back, expressing my hope that people are taking what they want and are
mailing the package off to the next person on the list as quickly as they
can.  In the meantime, I've received numerous email messages from guys
farther down on the list asking if I have any idea when they might be
receiving the package.  I have to reply back that I don't know.  It
really is out of my control.  One of these guys is Paul Lu, who happens
to be about FOURTH ON THE LIST.  He has promised to send me a message the
minute he gets the package.  And I am confident that he will.  But nothing
yet.  Mr. Burka from D.C.: have you mailed it to Mr. Heath yet?  Mr. Heath,
have you sent it to Mr. Delatizky yet?  If not, WHY NOT?   If any of you
people have no access to a dubbing deck and the thing is sitting in the
corner somewhere gathering dust, please try to find it in your heart to
think of others down the list who are saddened more every day when the
mail brings nothing again.  Hopefully, you haven't lent parts of the
package out to unreliable friends whoare thinking that the thing is
yours and therefore don't think they have to get it back to you quickly
BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T TELL THEM THAT THEY SHOULD GET IT BACK TO YOU QUICKLY.

There is SO much good music on these tapes.  There are lots of people who
are continuing to wait.  Vickie said that these types of things don't
always go well.  Well, it appears that she was correct.  What a f* drag!

Any bay-area Love-Hounds who are on the list (Steve Carter, Rod Armstrong)
or anyone else around here who is tired of waiting:  You are more than
welcome to contact me after October 10, 1990 (when I'm back from Chicago)
so we can get together and share the wealth.  I will have hours of _SIG_
shows on 24-hour capacity 8mm tape at that time.  Others outside the
bay area please don't contact me to send you the stuff in the mail.
It's not that I wouldn't love to, it's just that I've kind of lost some
faith in the whole concept, and every reminder of this only bums me out
the more.  And I don't enjoy being bummed out.

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.com)
567 BoxLeaf Court
San Jose, Cal. 95117
(408) 249-4664