Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: <None>

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 90 10:25:00 EST
Subject: Re: <None>
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

andrew durbin sez:
>         This said, I would like to have some suggestions on what to
> be purchasing, i.e. the Kate items which are most important, best to
> listen to or look at...you get the point.

hm, interesting question. stuff that i would recommend you get a hold
of somehow:

	a copy of the hammersmith odeon show (video/boot cd)
	a complete tour of life show (bristol/manchester lps)
	the bbc special (video/picture disc)
	the cathy demos (5 eps/the cathy albums lps)
	the b-sides (numerous 45s/12ers/boot lps/the box set)
	the collection (video)
	obsKuriTies (collectors)
	jsd's mixes (just kidding :)

the question is how dediKaTed are you? if you're a real nut, you might want
anything and everything that you can get your paws on. on the other hand,
you might only want the essential extra tracks. i listed the ways that you
can get a hold of the stuff above and how you do it is up to you...

> There's a used record store
> near here (Amherst College, MA) which has a pile of Kate singles, but
> I don't really know if $35 for _The Man With The Child In His Eyes_
> single is a good price, for instance.  Also, how easy is it to find
> bootleg CD material?

$35 is probably a little inflated...i know a place where i can get it for
$15 (two places in fact, come to think of it...). you know, this might not
be a bad idea, if someone could compile a price list of KaTe items for
those who are collecting.

as for cd boot stuff, i can think of the following items:

	the baktabak interview
	some other interview about which i have no information (but have the cd)
	the abbey road interview
	burning desires (shoddy transfer of the hammersmith film)
	KaTe bush live (excellent transfer of the hammersmith laserdisc)

cd stuff isn't that hard to find (hell, i found some in morristown, nj and
a place in the middle of kansas), but sometimes is elusive as it moves faster
than lps these days.

woj