Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

<None>

From: ASDURBIN%AMHERST.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 90 22:41 EDT
Subject: <None>

From: asdurbin@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 22 Sep 90 22:41:04 GMT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

        Hello - I've been reading rec.music.gaffa on and off for about
two years or more now, and regularly whenever I'm at school, but have
never really bothered post anything.  I'd never even heard of our
beloved Kate before I happened upon this board, but I now possess all
of her regularly issued CDs, as well as assorted 12-inches, singles,
and other esoterica, and look forward to the issuing of the boxed set.

        This said, I would like to have some suggestions on what to
be purchasing, i.e. the Kate items which are most important, best to
listen to or look at...you get the point.  There's a used record store
near here (Amherst College, MA) which has a pile of Kate singles, but
I don't really know if $35 for _The Man With The Child In His Eyes_
single is a good price, for instance.  Also, how easy is it to find
bootleg CD material?

        Thanks in advance.  And I'm very envious of all of you who get
to go to see Kate in London.  Tuition at $20,000 a year seems to
rule out a lot of activities, however...

Andrew Durbin