Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 90 12:00:44 PDT

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Kate Bush: The Whole Story
Date: 17 Sep 90 19:00:43 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

Really-From: prince@pawl.rpi.edu (Ron Buckmire)
>Should I get "The Whole Story" as my first Kate Bush album if I want to find out
> kind of stuff she does? I liked "Love And Anger" and "The Sensual World" and
>"This Woman's Work" fro her last album but that was it. [i heard it didn't buy
>it.] Should I buy "The Whole Story"? Is it a good compilation CD?

All of us have our own favorite Kate songs, some of which are sure
not to be included on any single compilation album.  But _The Whole
Story_ is pretty good if you want an overview of Kate's entire career
before _The Sensual World_.  All her biggest British hits are on it,
including her two most famous songs, "Wuthering Heights" (with a new
vocal), and "Running Up That Hill".

The biggest problem with the compilation is that it takes the songs
out of the context of their albums.  Because Kate takes so long between
albums, each one has a different kind of sound.

But for someone who's just getting into Kate, it's probably a very good
choice.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov