Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: [rec.music.gaffa] Call for Discographies

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 90 17:59:20 CDT
Subject: Re: [rec.music.gaffa] Call for Discographies

And so It was written thusly:
]Really-From: Keith Ericson <keithe%tekgvs.labs.tek.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
]
]	Could you send a sample format for a discography, please?
]Since I've got my own record and CD collection in machine-readable form
]I could use that as a start for some artists' discographies, but I'm
]not sure if what I put in it is compatible with what you'd want in a
]discography.

And I respondeth publiclyish as this question hath popped uppith a
fewith times(ith? :-)

Anyway, here is a sample from one of my discographies. The format is
mine and many people might not consider it "the" way to do a
discography. Any list of albums is considered a discography and format
is up to the author... I have no "specifications" for the Archives.
most of the discographies don't have artist/instrumentation or track
times or something else. It is up to the author. Some are just year,
title, type of release.

(Jean-Michel Jarre)

1977      Oxygene

          Jean Michel-Jarre (ARP Synth, AKS Synth, VCS 83 Synth, RMI
                 Harmonic Synth, Farfisa Organ, Eminent, Mellotron,
                 Rhythmin' Computer)

          Michel Geiss (adapted the VC83 and devised new instruments)

          Recorded at Jean-Michel Jarre's private studio and mixed at
          Gang studio, Paris from August to November 1976.

           7:40  Oxygene I
           7:37  Oxygene II
           3:24  Oxygene II
           4:06  Oxygene IV
          10:26  Oxygene V
           6:24  Oxygene VI

                 LP 1977 US Polydor 1 611 2
                 LP 1977 UK Polydor 2 3105 55
                 LP 19?? UK Polydor 2 344 068
                 CA 19?? UK Polydor 3 100 398

		  . . . . [releases removed] . . . .

                 8T 19?? US Polydor 8T-1-6112
                 2LP 1978 FR Dreyfus 2 683 077 (with Equinoxe)
Here is the current Archive listing, remember, I will mail this stuff
to anyone requesting it...

These are the discographies available on vacs.uwp.wisc.edu
(131.210.1.1) by anonymous FTP. If you have a discography you would
like added, please mail datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu.

-Dave

File			Artist				Author
======================= =============================== ===================

4ad.alpha		4AD Alphabetical List	 	Lars Ingebrigtsen
4ad.numeric		4AD Numerical List 	 	Lars Ingebrigtsen
aon			Art of Noise 		 	Lazlo Nibble
bauhaus			Bauhaus				dkletter
buffett			Jimmy Buffett			Bill Hunter
camper			Camper Van Beethoven		John Relph
cramps			Cramps 				John Reeves
cure			The Cure			Nancy Everson
cusco			Cusco				Dave Datta
depeche			Depeche Mode 		 	Robert Schmitz
doors			Doors				Robert Galuska
dylan			Bob Dylan			Anthony Kapolka
eloy			Eloy				Dave Datta
erasure			Erasure				Cliff Chen
foetus			Foetus/Jim Thirwell/Clint Ruin	Jeff Dauber
gdead			Ptr to Grateful Dead archives
goldsmith		Jerry Goldsmith 	 	John Voesten
harper			Roy Harper			Paul Davison
hunters			Hunters and Collectors		John Relph
jarre			Jean-Michel Jarre 		Dave Datta
jazzbutc		Jazz Butcher			David Whittemore
joydivis		Joy Division			dkletter
kottke			Leo Kottke			Al Bowers
level42			Level 42			Lazlo Nibble
lovich			Lene Lovich			John Relph
madness			Madness				dkletter
minutemen		Minutemen			John Reeves
nakedray		Naked Raygun			dkletter
neworder		New Order			Greg Tsoutsas
nma			New Model Army			John Relph
numan			Gary Numan 		 	Dave Datta
oldfield		Mike Oldfield 			Lazlo Nibble
poidog			Poi Dog Pondering		John Relph
ponty			Jean-Luc Ponty	  		John Fereira
runaways		Runaways			Eli Messinger
schulz			Klaus Schulz			Dave Lane
soundtracks		CD Motion Picture Scores	John Voesten
stiff			Stiff Little Fingers		dkletter
synergy			Synergy				George Regnery
tadream			Tangerine Dream 	 	Dave Datta
tmbg			They Might Be Giants		John Relph
toyah			Toyah				John Relph
toyah2			Toyah				Joy Ralph
vangelis		Vangelis 		 	George Regnery
xtc			XTC				John Relph
yello			Yello (09/10/1990)		Cliff Tuel

--
-Dave 	datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu [....uwm!uwpvacs!datta]

FTP vacs.uwp.wisc.edu for lots of neat stuff including but not