Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

hetch hetchy _swollen_

From: woj <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 90 14:07:32 EST
Subject: hetch hetchy _swollen_

picked up their new record in nyc for a few dollars a few days ago...

wow.

i was slightly prepared since i already had _make djibouti_, but this
still blew me away. moody, melodic, dark music comprised mostly of
deep basslines and drums, _swollen_ pounds into the brain without
using a hammer (i can't wait to get my turntable for the system so
i can make a cassette recording for the walkman! i'm listening to
it right now on a piss poor emerson compact stereo that, well, works).
at times, _swollen_ also has a theatrical and dramatic feel to it
that just heightens the effect.

i think one way to put it is that hetch hetcy pushes the listener to
the edge of a cliff, dangles them there for a few minutes until they
are willing to fall and then leaves them hanging - like an orgasm
waiting to be...

woj

(trivia: where does their name come from? kudos and a sloppy electronic
kiss to the first correct answer - xicvickie and chris don't count... :)