Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello agian...What's this Boxed set?

From: stevev@chemstor.uoregon.edu
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 90 15:10:24 PDT
Subject: Hello agian...What's this Boxed set?

Speaking of Jane Siberry . . .

Because so many of you have been raving about Jane Siberry, I
started trial-buying her albums.  First I got _The Walking_, and
thought "This isn't bad at all.  Sounds like an early album,
though."  So I hunted around and discovered that there were two
albums chronologically before it.  So the next one I bought was
_No Borders Here_.  So I listened to it and thought "Wow, I am
really beginning to like the way Jane writes songs.  Especially
'Mimi on the Beach'."  So then I got _The Speckless Sky_ a week
later, and I've been listening to it for a week, and I would now
consider myself a full-blown Jane fan.  She's weird (in a nice
way) like Laurie Anderson, often personal like Kate, but
completely different from either.  (Right now I'm listening to
"Vladimir * Vladimir".  Wow.)  And I'll be off to get _Bound by
the Beauty_ in a little while.

Now what's the address of this Jane Siberry mailing list again?