Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Victoria Williams

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 90 18:40:17 EST
Subject: Re: Victoria Williams
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

niel sez:
> The local paper (Oxford Times) had a review of Swing the Statue by Victoria
> Williams recently.
>  "It's harder to describe the style of Victoria Williams. Imagine, if you will
>  Kate Bush after exposure to the influence of country music and punk.

> As I have not heard the album, I cannot comment on their description.

well, i have and i don't think that's all that accurate...as far as
the comparison to KaTe. she does have a wavering quavering voice though
and as the previous poster said, it does take a bit to get used to
it since it is *very distinctive*. there's a certain something about
it that recalls many femaile singers since she has a number of styles
that she sings in. it tend to vary to match her music, so it's soulful
when she sings a gospel-ish tune and it's bibbity-bobbity when she's
singing a fun-kinda-tune.

woj