Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Everything But The Girl

From: the weirdo of the lifetime <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 90 20:47:00 EDT
Subject: Re: Everything But The Girl

Douglas MacGowan sez:
> I just recently bought the latest tape by Everything But The Girl -
> I had heard "Driving" and "The Road" on a new-age radio station.

new age?!?

> Now, I come begging for some more info.  Who are these two people?
> What's the story behind them?  Are their other albums as good as
> this one?   What are their other albums?

sorry, i'm not that knowledgable about ebtg, *but* i can tell you
that the singer is tracey thorne and that she used to be in a band
called the marine girls. if you *ever* see this album, get it!!

it's much different than the material she makes now: more folky
perhaps is one way of saying it. very simple tunes and guitarwork
(no keys) rules here. maybe kinda like the roches on acid or some-
thing...

woj