Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Don't knock it till spin 500...

From: vishal@m2.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 13:08:56 CDT
Subject: Re: Don't knock it till spin 500...

stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern) writes:

> Simple.  It has nothing to do with the hypothesis.  You just haven't
> listened to it enough to have been revelated yet.
> Although most will agree that TD is KT's best, they will probably also agree
> that it is the one that requires the most patience.  It wasn't until after
> many, many listenings that I decided TD was great.  My first impression
> (for many months) was exactly yours: yucko.

Mine too. It took me months to get into TD. Now I think it is the greatest
album ever. I have also been listening to TSW for months now. It still ranks
at the bottom of my list of Kate's work. It is a good piece of work, but it
just doesn't have that touch of magic I have come to associate with Kate's
work.

> If you can appreciate TD, I have found, there's a whole gamut of other
> music out there (much of it mentioned in LH) that you are ready to
> explore.  It really does open your mind and let the weirdness in.
> Honest.  Really and truly.

I just wish Kate was producing more of the weirdness. Its not like she has lost
it completely, after all there's _Ken_.