Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT and Madonna: Lesbian Lovers from Planet Gwar??

From: Boofhead <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 13:16:44 -0400
Subject: KT and Madonna: Lesbian Lovers from Planet Gwar??
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: Andreas Bjorklind <abj@IDA.LiU.SE>
>KATE BUSH: Art, Tender, Mother/Virgin (hepp!), Transparency/Depth,
>A-sexual (or at least implicit sexual), Engulfing, Subtle, Enigmatic,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>MADONNA: Business, Agressive, Witch/Whore, Glossy/Slick, Sexually
>explicit

Hmmm.  Tough one here.  Kate is not asexual and certainly doesn't hide
it, only to have it available 'implicitly' (or only through
inferences).  Take a look at the first two albums, containing some of
the most sexually frank songs I've ever heard (well, excepting some
pure pornography like a few Foetus or Wiseblood tunes).  I know I'm
just being a semantic nit-picker here but that's what you get from
English majors.  Anyway, the major split on the sexual thing is that
Kate seems to wrap it up in more erotica and Madonnna likes to go the
public gynecology route.

After all, the sexuality in the song "The Sensual World" is pretty
strong, but it's handled with delicacy and invention, rather than a
"flap it about in public" kind of Madonna-esque tramp dance.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |