Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Looking for bay area record/cd stores

From: rodneys@Apple.COM (Rodney Somerstein)
Date: 28 Jul 90 06:24:58 GMT
Subject: Looking for bay area record/cd stores
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Does anyone here know of any good record/cd stores in the bay area?  I
prefer smaller stores with knowledgeable personnel.  In large stores,
it can often be hard to get to know the people who work there.  Also,
large stores tend to have more trouble getting hard to find items,
since they usually have to depend on the distributors that their
corporate offices tell them to use.  To make it even harder is the
fact that it is tough enough to find a person who knows a lot about
Kate Bush, other alternative music, and imports, much less one who
works in a record store.

I just recently moved to San Jose from North Carolina, so I really
don't know many of the stores in the area.  I have found a couple
of Tower Records, but they all suffer from the above problems.  At
least they have pretty good selections. San Jose area stores would
be great.  I am also interested in stores that are a little farther
away.

Thanks,

-Rodney

Rodney Somerstein