Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD box set

From: portuesi%tweezers.esd@sgi.com (Michael Portuesi)
Date: 27 Jul 90 15:23:15 GMT
Subject: Re: CD box set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news%odin.corp@sgi.com

> Really-From: <GREINER%UCLASTRO.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>

> The CD box set with the extra two or three discs with b-sides and
> rarities sounds great, but will the b-side discs be sold seperately as
> well?  If it includes all the discs it will be darn expensive.  It also
> would seem like a strange marketing stratagy, since most people who
> would be interested in a rarities disc probably have all the normal
> discs already.

It's a great marketing strategy from their point of view.  Only the
Kate Bush fanatics like us will be really interested in the b-sides
and rarities, and they know we will pay most anything to get them,
even if we have to buy another copy of all Kate's albums to do so.
The elasticity of demand (if I may borrow an economic term) is so high
that they'll still sell well, even with the added burden of the other
albums.  And those other albums make money for the record company.

>  I suppose they will be "special edition collectors items"
> or what not but for those of us on limited budgets a seperate realise would
> be very convient.  Oh well, either way it's great news!  Maybe we won't have
> to wait 5 to 10 years for a major Kate Bush realise after all!

My question is whether or not the CD Box Set will be released by CBS
here in the United States, or if we're going to have to pay even
*MORE* to get the import version.

				--M
--
__