Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ?

From: hsu@Eng.Sun.COM (Dave Hsu [Contractor])
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 90 00:32:12 PDT
Subject: Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9007221649.AA01797@gaffa.MIT.EDU> ol' jsd writes:
>The only song on TSW that ever really MOVED me was This Woman's Work,
>and its impact is diminishing for me.  On the other hand, Suspended In
>Gaffa has only grown in its power to bring a tear to the eye.

Bravo.  Mostly well said, although I think you shortchange the title track,
a marvel of impressionism.  After all these years I must confess that my
favorite remains Get Out of My House.

On a practical note, Bay-Area L-H's south of Mountain View, I plan to be
making the trek to Chez IED for Katemas this year (leaving early Saturday
in order to arrive fashionably late, return TBD) so do drop me some e-mail
soon if you're interested in a ride.

"Summer in DC?  Hah!"

-dave

--
Dave Hsu	 Sun Microsystems MS 14-40    (415) 336 5253    in a pinch:
hsu@Eng.Sun.COM  2535 Garcia Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043  hsu@eng.umd.edu

"Time wounds all heels."