Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: Fear Of A Black Planet <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 90 12:40:06 -0400
Subject: Re: MisK.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
>   IED is another who'd like to know what the East-Coast Love-Hounds
>are planning to do for Katemas this year. Is there no plan at
>all for a Katemas party on the 28th or 29th? What has happened
>to our once-enthusiastic Boston-area KonTingent? Where has your
>philocanine spirit gone? What with months and months going by
>without more than two words from our Pseudo-Moderator, and scarcely
>a single new _explication_de_texte_ from Julian to fascinate and
>eduKate us, and not one word from ol' Joe Turner in ages, IED is
>wondering just how that ivied bastion of Bushological wisdom
>came to fall into such disrepair...

We're all bitter and bad-tempered, what with the state of the economy
and the ultra-humid weather of late.  Dear |>oug has a new job which
is keeping him so busy that he scarcely has time to even read l-h, let
alone write anything to it.  Joe Turner has decided to withdraw from
the group, although he keeps up with some of the more, er, spirited
discussions thanks to his housemate Larry Deluca (and to a lesser
extent my humble self).

As for a party, there isn't anywhere to have it.  Julian lives in
Vermont now, and we've not heard a peep out of him in ages.  |>oug's
apartment is barely large enough for two people.  Joe's place is small
as well.  I'm going to be in California for Katemas.  The whole
situation is a shambles, basically.

Of course, the dismal state of katedom here in Boston merely leaves us
open for a miraculous, phoenix-like rise from the ashes in the future.

If I can, I'll be in LA this year, otherwise no Katemas for the first
time in three years for this L-H!

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |