Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I think you've hit on something!

From: Stephen Thomas <spt1@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: 22 Jul 90 10:16:44 GMT
Subject: Re: I think you've hit on something!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

What about those people who discovered her via TSW, such as myself?  What is
their opinion?  The order I got the albums was TSW, HoL, TKI, LH, TD then NFE.
I originally got TSW on CD single, and then got the album as a result of the
discussion on this group.

As far as favourites are concerned my loyalties are divided between HoL and TD,
depending on what I need from them at the time.  Like Jeff, my least favourite
is LH.  And TSW?  Well, that comes just after LH, for similar reasons: on
LH there are tracks that I just cannot get a handle on - they refuse to stick
in my memory, and there are a couple of tracks on TSW like that.

Since TSW was my first album, I am only aware of its, er, different sound
qualities in retrospect, after listening to TD and HoL, and I prefer the
crisp percussive effects of the latter two.  But that is *only* a preference,
and I do not feel that TSW is necessarily a sub-standard because of it's
different sound qualities.  The reason it doesn't go on my CD player too
often is because I don't need what it offers at the moment.  Ask me when
I am feeling a lot darker emotionally.

Stephen
--
| "Voice in your head ...       | Stephen Thomas -----------------------------|