Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I think you've hit on something!

From: a pattern on a china bowl <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 90 03:34:21 EDT
Subject: Re: I think you've hit on something!

Ed sez in response to somebody i can't remember (sorry):
>>Suppose we divide fans into those who discovered Kate at 'The Dreaming/
>>Hounds of Love' stage, and those who discovered her at the beginning.
>>Would it be correct to say that the former are the ones who are 'a little
>>disappointed with _TSW_'?  No evidence, no flames, just a thought... :-)

> I think you're on to something here! I haven't yet found any exceptions
> to your rule, which I would state as follows:  If the first album you
> fell in love with was _TKI_ or _Lionheart_, you'll think _TSW_ is a great
> album.  If the first such album was _TD_, or _HOL_, you won't.

alright - i guess i'm an exception. my first was hol (wore out the writing
on the cassette in fact!) and i'm partial to tsw - sure there are some
songs i can do without ("between and man and a woman" for one), but i
still feel it's a good KaTe album. as jeffery said, some of the songs like
"the fog", "tsw", "deeper understanding" and "never be mine" are just
KaTe and outweigh any thing that doesn't work elsewhere - and the sound
quality was never a factor for me. the only thing that bothers me there
is absolute unlistenability.

woj

'the rule breaker' :)