Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I think you've hit on something!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 90 15:01:36 PDT
Subject: I think you've hit on something!

James Smith writes:

>That's rather a sweeping statement, Larry.  Can I make one as well?
>Suppose we divide fans into those who discovered Kate at 'The Dreaming/
>Hounds of Love' stage, and those who discovered her at the beginning.
>Would it be correct to say that the former are the ones who are 'a little
>disappointed with _TSW_'?  No evidence, no flames, just a thought... :-)

I think you're on to something here!  In fact, I've noticed it myself.
While I didn't discover her quite at the beginning, the first album of
hers that I heard (and that I fell in love with) was _The Kick Inside_.
Well, I love _The Sensual World_.  I haven't yet found any exceptions
to your rule, which I would state as follows:  If the first album you
fell in love with was _TKI_ or _Lionheart_, you'll think _TSW_ is a great
album.  If the first such album was _TD_, or _HOL_, you won't.  I don't
know anybody whose first love is _Never For Ever_.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov