Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sperm Whales & their tales...

From: David Heath <dave%boingo.med.jhu.edu@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 90 11:40:18 EDT
Subject: Re: Sperm Whales & their tales...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: dave%boingo.med.jhu.edu@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu

In rec.music.gaffa you write:
>Really-From: Patriarch Porch <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>

>Yeah, it's on United States.  I saw her do this on (I think) Saturday
>Night Live a zillion years ago and I loved it.  I borrowed a friend's
>copy of U.S. and tried to find something involving "sperm" but I
>didn't find anything like that in the contents.  I think it gets its
>name from the part where she talks about all the sperm doing the
>equivalent of Mach 20...

What's the story behind Laurie's "United States"? I don't think it's available
on CD - is it? Is it still available on record, or is it out of print?

btw, I just got Marianne Faithful's "Blazing Away" on CD. Most of it was
pretty good, but I don't think she has the anger to pull off 'Why 'dya do it'
anymore. It was not convincing. Anyone else feel the same way?

Thanks,

-dave heath
dave@boingo.med.jhu.edu  --or--  heath@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu