Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Neal's videos

From: gatech!kong!ncratl!ncrlnk!ncrwat!images1.Waterloo.NCR.COM!gregg@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 90 11:05:26 EDT
Subject: Re: Neal's videos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9006081431.1.142@cup.portal.com> Henry Burdett writes:

>> (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City) write:
>
>> Neal gives his listing of videos:
>>
>>>    Peter Gabriel does a song by himself at a keyboard of some sort
>>>    prior to an interesting routine for _Ran Tan Waltz_.  Kate is
>>
>> That song is "Here Comes The Flood" and it's the most moving, subtly
>> emotional version I've ever heard him sing. It makes me cry.
>

>Is that the Fripp-flavor or the Gabriel-flavor? :-)
>
>There are two studio versions of "Here Comes the Flood."

Actually, there are at least THREE studio versions of "Here Comes the Flood".

There is a German version on the _I_Don't_Remember_ EP (the Canadian one with
the colour version of the Gabriel_III album cover) called "Jetz Kommt Die Flut".
This version is even more "bare" than the Fripp-flavour as Brian Eno synth's
are missing.  Actually, my copy of the Fripp-flavour is from the Fripp
_Network_ EP and may not actually be the same production as the _Exposure_
version (which I have not heard).

For those interested, the _I_Don't_Remember_ EP contains:

	Side 1:  Start / I Don't Remember (Gabriel) - same as album version
		 Shoshaloza (sp?) (trad./Gabriel) - the traditional part of
					this song can be heard in the movie
					"The God's Must Be Crazy" when the
					school teacher is greeted by the
					people of the village.

	Side 2:  Biko (Gabriel) - the songs at the beginning and the end have
				  changed from the album version (actually,
				  the "Black" South African national anthem
				  has been replaced by "Prayer For Africa")

		 Jetz Kommt Die Flut (Gabriel) - the reason for this posting

				Gregg Simmons
				(g.simmons@waterloo.ncr.com)