Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Darling Fascist Bully Boy"

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Thu, 24 May 90 07:11:27 -0400
Subject: "Darling Fascist Bully Boy"

Deb writes:

> Hello again Jon--
>   Okay, you've almost convinced me about the "Bambi" skit being the best
> Young Ones episode.  I'd forgotten about Vyvyan's line of "This calls for
> a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."  :)  And of
> course, there's Neal's term of "techno-fear" for not being able to operate
> the washing machines.

Yeah, it's great. My favorite bit from TYO is the letter to the loan
officer in the episode "Cash":

 "Darling Fascist Bully Boy,

      Give me some money you bastard.

         May the seed of your loins grow fruitful in the belly of your woman"

That's from memory so it could be slightly off, but I remember the first
time I saw and heard that, I was on the floor gasping for breath. Thought
I'd DIE it was so funny. That was the first episode of TYO we ever saw and
we were hooked from then on.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com