Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Willie Cummins <btree!willie@ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 May 90 11:29:16 PDT

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: willie@btree (Willie Cummins)
Subject: Reply to Vickie re Scott Merritt
Date: Fri, 4 May 90 18:29:04 GMT

  Hi Vickie,

    I just finished reading your play-list.  I wished I lived in Kansas
City !!  Alas, I'm here in San Diego with no radio station that ever
seems to have heard of Jane Siberry or Mary Margeret O'Hara.  Still I
have my sources of 'different' music.  I'll keep your play-list handy.
The next time I go shopping I'll try and pick up something from it.

   I have to agree with you about Scott Merritt.  I bought his album (
which I now regret :-( ) and am not in the least impressed.  He had alot
more energy when I saw him live, and I guess I thought his album would
be better.  He reminded  me of an Irish band called Scullion.  If you
ever get a chance, you should get some of their stuff.  My favourite is
'White Side of the Night'.

   My shopping expedition wasn't a complete waste, however.  I picked up
Mary Margeret's album 'Miss America' and I love it !!  She's got a
haunting voice; her music is much different from Jane's but it still
makes a welcome addition to my collection.  I'm pretty sure I heard her
name from you first, so thanks for the tip.

> 9. Triona                              Foinn Bhriotaineacha

  Thought you might be interested, but I'm fairly sure this is Triona
 Ni Dhonnaill who used to sing with the Bothy Band.  You might listen to
 some of their albums.

I tell everyone a different story  |  ucsd!btree!willie
 that way nothing's ever boring    |    Willie Cummins
Even when they turn and say Goodbye|     Brooktree, 9950 Barnes Cyn Rd
 "Jane Siberry : The Walking"      |       San Diego, CA 92130