Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
Date: Wed Apr 18 22:54:21 1990

To: uunet!gaffa.mit.edu!love-hounds
Subject: Re: Assorted Stuff
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9004162137.AA05211@gaffa.MIT.EDU> Meredith Tarr
(mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu) asks:
>This has been asked eighty thousand times before, I'm sure, but how does an
>American go about subscribing to Homeground?

There are some stores which sell them now, but they're hard to find.
An easier way is to write to Homeground for a subscription.  You can
pay in Pounds, which is of course a big pain in the U.S., where most
bank tellers will think you're making a remark about their weight
until you say, "I meant British currency!"  You can also pay in paper
money, if you include an extra 7.5% to cover their costs of currency
conversion.  You can get the current exchange rates from the _Wall
Street Journal_ (I bet that's the first time that publication has been
mentioned in Love-Hounds), which you can find in a library.  The one
piece of useful information I can't include in this note right now is
the address and cost of _Homeground_.  Either wait for someone else to
post that, or write to me at my home e-mail address:
	steve@sensual.wa.com

(It's fun posting that address in Love-Hounds!)

--
	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
	"Working under pressure is the sugar that we crave" --A. Lamb