Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!davidbro@uunet.uu.net
Date: Wed Apr 18 15:06:18 1990

To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa
From: davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (Dave BROWN)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry & Kate (Dieties in my Book you betcha!)
Date: 18 Apr 90 22:06:05 GMT

In article <28100@ut-emx.UUCP> emx.utexas.edu!emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood) writes:
<
<In article <9004120835.AA01970@world.std.com> katefans@world.std.COM (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City) writes:
<[re: Kate Bush is God, she really is!]
<>My personal equation:
<>
<>If
<>(Kate=God)
<>Then
<>(Jane=Jesus)
<>
<>It's a fact!
<>ps: though sometimes I think of Kate more as The Holy Ghost!
<
<Now, now.  Let's be fair.  The advantage to a polytheism is that you
<don't have to go around deciding who goes where.  Everyone is a face
<of the same great Lady (although some are more attractive faces than
<others).
<
<Lessee... Kate as Brigid?  Or maybe Artemis.  Actually, I guess it'd
<change with the songs themselves.  Like the Morrigan for "Babooshka,"
<Aphrodite for "The Sensual World," or Diana for "The Big Sky."  Can't
<put one to Jane yet (okay, okay, Vickie, I get the idea!  I'll go
<already! :-) ).
<
<Any road.  Kate Bush is God *and* Goddess.  She really is.

I always opt for the Qabalistic statement

	Kate Bush is Kether.

(look it up if you're curious)

dave

--
Dave Brown                                       ...!uunet!microsoft!davidbro
...ni ssendriew eht tel eW