Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Categorizations/Meanings/Art

From: Wince Lust <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 90 14:15:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Categorizations/Meanings/Art
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <DNB.90Apr6123006@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu> dnb@CHAOS.CS.BRANDEIS.EDU (David N. Blank) writes:
>RE:Uncle Bonzai

First, it is UNCLE BONSAI as in the tiny japanese shrub, OK?

>Unfortunately, I belive they have broken up.  The last recording I saw
>from them was a re-release of their song "Men and Women" on the
>Windham Hill new folk artist compliation titled "Legacy" (I highly
>recommend it).

Second, the song is called "Myn and Wymmyn" and it makes fun of those
lesbian separatists who are so set on getting masculine influence out
of their lives that they spell all these words differently.  My
particular favorite is "herstory" but that's neither here nor there.

Their latest recording is a cassette-only thing called "Myn and
Wymmyn."  I think they are not broken up forever, but are taking time
off so that the dark haired woman can have her baby.  Or am I thinking
of The Bobs?

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |