Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Categorizations/Meanings/Art

From: donley@milton.u.washington.edu (not Peter Ebey)
Date: 6 Apr 90 19:08:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Categorizations/Meanings/Art
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9004061815.AA01791@gaffa.MIT.EDU> gaffa!jsd (Jon Drukman) writes:
>Second, the song is called "Myn and Wymmyn" and it makes fun of those
The song is called "Men and Women" on the compilation... and is just one
of those Andrew Ratshin imagry collisions.  The song making fun of the
respelling is called "Woman With A Y", and to further confuse it, they
called the album "Myn ynd Wymyn" (because they thought that ALL the vowels
should be outlawed as they must have some connection with men.)

>Their latest recording is a cassette-only thing called "Myn and
>Wymmyn."  I think they are not broken up forever, but are taking time
>off so that the dark haired woman can have her baby.  Or am I thinking
>of The Bobs?

The Bobs just recorded a new album and are still touring... Couldn't
be them.  This might explain the "secret message" at the end of MyW,
which says "We'll re-evaluate this position in a year or so."  Where
did you get this info?

  - Eo

--
donley@milton.acs.washington.edu   eo@max.acs.washington.edu

"The answers to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle,
 they're on TV!"  - Homer Simpson