Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brief "Interview"

From: dsac!discg1!izslr03@cis.ohio-state.edu (thomas coleman)
Date: 2 Apr 90 12:31:13 GMT
Subject: Brief "Interview"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

      In yesterday's Philadelphia Inquirer magazine (accompanies the
Sunday edition of the Inquirer newspaper- a color picture of KT, with
the caption "BUSH: TV alternative", and the text (in the "personalities
segment):
      Where does folk singer (!) Kate Bush get the material for her exotic
storytelling?    -Only she knows. "Songs should just be there and should exist
in their own space,"says Bush,31,whose new LP is The Sensual World. "And if
they are a curious item, then that's very nice. Some people are, aren't they?"
She adds that she sees herself as a "character" in her songs, "just like a
little story....We all love being read stories. And none of us get it anymore,
'cause there's television now instead."
      END    (The exclamation is my own- that ought to start a discussion- is
KaTe a folk singer?)   Tom Coleman, Philadelphia
                     For you Kate trivia collectors- you ought to be able
                     to find a copy of the Inquirer at a decent newsstand-
                     if not, E-mail me- I'll take bids (just kidding- first
                     request receivedwith a mailing address gets it)